Navigating the Legal Pitfalls in a Real Estate TransactionJan 14, 2020
If you are in the real estate business, you know that having a good attorney in your corner is a good thing. In this interview, Paul Kim sits down with Fawad Khan, an attorney with Hussain & Khan, to discuss some of the legal pitfalls in a real estate transaction and how you can avoid them.
Fawad Khan graduated from Quinnipiac University School of Law, where he was a member of the Moot Court Team. Prior to law school, Fawad worked in the legal and compliance department of Goldman Sachs. Fawad is also a member of the New York City Bar Association and the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- How you would handle a situation when you are dealing directly with the homeowner without an attorney?
- Things to keep in mind when you are wholesaling or purchasing an investment property
- If the seller doesn’t have an attorney, can you represent both sellers and buyers?
- What does it mean when a property is marketed “SOLD AS-IS”?
- How to handle inspection period when wholesaling a property
- If you've submitted an offer as CASH, but getting hard money ... Now, what do I do?
- After my due diligence, I decided I do not want to buy the property anymore, how can I get out of the deal?
- What are some title issues that come up a lot?
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.